REPORT: City council requests $100 million relief fund for illegal aliens
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Seattle leaders called on the Washington state government to establish a coronavirus relief fund that provides millions in cash assistance to illegal aliens.
The Seattle City Council passed a resolution Monday encouraging Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee and state lawmakers to establish a Washington Worker Relief Fund to “provide emergency economic assistance to undocumented Washingtonians,” according to the Seattle Times.
The article goes on to state the following:
City councillors are calling attention to illegal aliens in the state who do not qualify for federal assistance because of their immigration status, but have been suffering due to the declining economic conditions brought on by the coronavirus pandemic. The measure suggests the Washington Worker Relief Fund should begin with an initial allocation of $100 million.
The Seattle Times noted that the resolution was passed in a 9-0 vote, and Mayor Jenny Durkan is expected to add her signature.
The resolution also “asks the state leaders to create a wage-replacement system for workers who don’t qualify for regular unemployment benefits,” the report said.
“The measure urges Inslee and the Legislature to create a ‘Washington Worker Relief Fund,’ with an initial allocation of at least $100 million, ‘to provide emergency economic assistance to undocumented Washingtonians.’”https://t.co/8mBxDNOXyM
— Washington State GOP (@WAGOP) May 19, 2020
What about the homelessness issue/s? What about folks out of work due to this lockdown? What about closed businesses? Don’t we have other things to focus on/spend on? We need #RealRepresentation in Seattle as well. https://t.co/JMnrYGF2Si
— Joseph Brumbles (@JosephBrumbles) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down