REPORT: CIA slams CNN’s report blaming Trump for alleged CIA spy’s extraction from Kremlin
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Central Intelligence Agency on Monday evening slammed what it called CNN’s “misguided” and “simply false” reporting, after the cable channel’s chief national security correspondent authored a hole-filled piece claiming that the CIA had pulled a high-level spy out of Russia because President Trump had “repeatedly mishandled classified intelligence and could contribute to exposing the covert source as a spy.”
The extraordinary CIA rebuke came as The New York Times published a bombshell piece late in the evening, which largely contradicted CNN’s reporting. According to the Times, CIA officials “made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia” — weeks before Trump even took office.
The article goes on to state the following:
Concerns about media reporting on Russian election interference drove the decision, according to the Times, which described the source as “the American government’s best insight into the thinking of and orders” from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“Former intelligence officials said there was no public evidence that Mr. Trump directly endangered the source, and other current American officials insisted that media scrutiny of the agency’s sources alone was the impetus for the extraction,” the Times wrote.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report.
“… former intelligence officials said there was no public evidence that Mr. Trump directly endangered the source, and other current American officials insisted that media scrutiny of the agency’s sources alone was the impetus for the extraction.” https://t.co/UOULLOjcWu
— Katie Rogers (@katierogers) September 10, 2019
NYT reports concerns about Trump’s (mis)handling of intel was not the reason the CIA extracted its source fromRussia as CNN reported. Rather, “officials insisted that media scrutiny of the agency’s sources alone was the impetus for the extraction.” https://t.co/EHmqj9o5l4
— Jason Leopold (@JasonLeopold) September 10, 2019
Hey @CNN just so we’re clear, my geopolitical Logan West thrillers are FICTION. I think @starwars is, too, although you might not know that based on your latest debacle. #caring https://t.co/MoxpOJlqUw
— Matthew Betley (@MatthewBetley) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Rage boils over: Dark pattern emerges in recent spate of disturbing attacks on Trump backers, Republicans
- VIDEO: Bloomberg hits Sanders supporters in new ad
- REPORT: Illegal alien confessed to raping 11-year-old relative after baby born in bathtub
- REPORT: Trump campaign manager deletes photo of Air Force One beside huge crowd after realizing mistake
- TRUMP TWEETS: What he’d rather be doing than addressing ‘ridiculous’ hoax
- BREAKING: New book reveals explosive details about Loretta Lynch-Bill Clinton tarmac meeting [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: DML hits back in response to Bernie Sanders tweet on US military
- REPORT: France’s Macron startles allies and angers US officials with defense proposals
- REPORT: ANOTHER royal split: Second couple announces divorce in a week
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Obama’s dig on President’s Day