REPORT: Chuck Schumer proposes new requirement for body armor sales
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Sen. Chuck Schumer on Sunday proposed new legislation to require the FBI to sign off on body armor sales to civilians.
The announcement comes one week after mass killer Connor Betts — clad in body armor — opened fire in a trendy Dayton, Ohio, neighborhood and killed nine people before he was gunned down by police.
The article goes on to state the following:
Schumer said anyone can now buy a bulletproof vest for $185 and a tactical mask for $10 under current law, Schumer said at a press conference at his Midtown office.
Schumer said “someone up to no good” can get the gear, and that “those intent on mass shootings buy body armor” in order to “kill as many people as possible.”
— hypervocal (@hypervocal) August 12, 2019
Washington – Schumer Bill Would Require FBI To Regulate Body Armor Sales https://t.co/OxYdWbGPtI
— VosIzNeias (@VINNews) August 12, 2019
Chuck Schumer plans to introduce a bill that would make it tougher for civilians to buy military-grade body armor.
“A good number of those who are intent on mass shootings buy body armor.”https://t.co/9ckR8i9Niq
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) August 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police