REPORT: Chick-fil-A closing after backlash over donations to Christian organizations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A new U.K.-based Chick-fil-A will be closing after a shopping center said they would not renew its lease following a campaign by pro-gay protesters to shut down the restaurant.
“We always look to introduce new concepts for our customers; however, we have decided on this occasion that the right thing to do is to only allow Chick-Fil-A to trade with us for the initial six-month pilot period, and not to extend the lease any further,” the Oracle shopping center in Reading, England, said in a statement, according to BBC.
The article goes on to state the following:
Activists from the gay and transgender rights group, Reading Pride, had protested the Chick-fil-A over the fast-food chain’s support of Christian organizations, like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army.
So @ChickfilA is planning its own #Brexit. After being open for only 8 days (!), the company’s first UK store is set to close b/c of the immense pressure #LGBTQ+ groups put on the company for its long-standing support of anti-queer causes. #sorrynotsorry https://t.co/sAJbVb71iF
— BAGLY (@BAGLYinc) October 18, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) October 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: Travel Warning: Officials warn about growing threat through your phone
- BREAKING: Boeing 737 forced to divert after engine shuts down
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes