REPORT: Chemistry teacher ‘froze in pure shock’ after botched experiment set teen on fire
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Atlanta, Georgia — A teacher presenting a flashy demonstration to get her students excited about chemistry made a mistake that caused a fire to burn “out of control” and seriously injure a student, says a report released Wednesday. The high school teacher, Bridgette Blowe, “froze in pure shock” when it grew out of control, spread across the desk and set her student — in the front row — on fire, according to students and staff, CBS Atlanta affiliate WGCL-TV reports.
Staff and students said the student, 16-year-old Malachi McFadden, had his head down and didn’t see the flame coming. He suffered third-degree burns on his face, neck and torso and was hospitalized after the botched “burning money demonstration,” which happened at Redan High School, just outside Atlanta, on the second day of his junior year, his lawyers said.
The article goes on to state the following:
On Wednesday, his lawyers released a report by an investigator for the DeKalb County school system that uses witness statements from students and teachers to piece together what happened August 6. They say Blowe didn’t provide protective equipment or advise the boy to stand 10 feet away, as mandated, WGCL-TV reported.
Staff and students said the student, 16-year-old Malachi McFadden, had his head down and didn’t see the flame coming. https://t.co/YVbwHJNlo3
— KLFY NEWS 10 (@KLFY) November 7, 2019
A teacher presenting a flashy demonstration to get her students excited about chemistry made a mistake that caused a fire to burn “out of control” and seriously injure a student, says a report released Wednesday. https://t.co/1w19B2OZsE
— 10 News First (@10NewsFirst) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests