REPORT: CDC: One death and nearly 200 cases of lung illnesses possibly tied to vaping
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Friday it had identified 193 potential cases of severe lung illness tied to vaping in 22 states as of Aug. 22, including one adult in Illinois who died after being hospitalized.
The CDC has been investigating a “cluster” of lung illnesses that it believes may be linked to e-cigarette use, although it has not yet been able to establish whether they were in fact caused by vaping.
The article goes on to state the following:
E-cigarettes are generally thought to be safer than traditional cigarettes, which kill up to half of all lifetime users, according to the World Health Organization. But the long-term health effects of vaping are largely unknown.
Brian King, deputy director of research translation at the CDC’s smoking and health division, said there are “a variety of things in e-cigarette aerosols that could have implications for lung health.” None of those compounds, however, have been directly linked to the recent hospitalizations.
CDC: More Than 100 Vaping Youth Have Contracted Severe Lung Diseases https://t.co/HzhLkWCevK
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) August 25, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]