REPORT: CBP intercepts imposter from Mexico using fake U.S. passport at major airport
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBP.GOV:
John F. Kennedy International Airport, JAMAICA, NY — On January 19, 2019, a 26-year-old woman traveling from Mexico City, Mexico presented herself for inspection, with a United States passport, to a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer. The CBP officer suspected the subject may be an imposter to the travel document so he escorted the passenger to another area for further inspection. The CBP officer utilized a new technology which uses facial recognition to determine if the passenger was, in fact, the true bearer of the U.S. passport. Based on the results of the facial recognition and the CBP officer’s interview, the traveler was determined to be an imposter to the U.S. passport.
Using another person’s identity document is a serious violation of U.S. immigration laws that could result in criminal prosecution. In this case, the traveler was found to be inadmissible to the United States and was returned to her country of origin on the next available flight.
The article goes on to state the following:
“CBP has many tools at our disposal in our collective tool bag, but this case illustrates the value of the CBP officer on the ground,” said Troy Miller, CBP’s Director of the New York Field Office. “This traveler was apprehended utilizing CBP’s layered enforcement strategy and technology coupled with the CBP officer’s expertise. This force multiplier is essential in apprehending those persons that would look to break our immigration laws and perhaps cause harm to the citizens of the United States.”
IMPOSTER CAUGHT – #CBP officers at @JFKairport used facial recognition technology to determine an individual traveling from Mexico was falsely using a U.S. passport. Facial recognition helps CBP swiftly identify imposters & potential threats. https://t.co/Hmasent5Rf pic.twitter.com/hTxmOLgqDk
— CBP (@CBP) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBP.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBP.GOV
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart