REPORT: Cargo ship owned by JPMorgan Chase seized by US with 20 tons of cocaine
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
New York (CNN Business) — US authorities in Philadelphia seized a cargo vessel in June with nearly 20 tons of cocaine on board. The ship, as it turns out, is owned by a fund run by banking giant JPMorgan Chase.
A source close to the situation said on Wednesday that the ship, the MSC Gayane, is part of a transportation strategy fund run for the bank’s asset management unit.
The article goes on to state the following:
That means JPMorgan Chase (JPM) does not have any operational control of the vessel, a Liberian-flagged ship that is run by the Swiss-based Mediterranean Shipping Company. The bank had no comment.
SF Gate reports:
“A seizure of a vessel this massive is complicated and unprecedented – but it is appropriate because the circumstances here are also unprecedented,” said US Attorney William McSwain. “We found nearly 20 tons of cocaine hidden on this ship.”
At least a half a dozen crew members have been arrested, according to Homeland Security Investigations, and the investigation is ongoing. Charges included conspiracy to possess cocaine aboard a ship.
Law enforcement agents boarded the vessel and found the cocaine, which is said to have a street value of about $1.3 billion https://t.co/4CeiiDx5m0
— CNN (@CNN) July 10, 2019
US authorities seize a ship owned by JP Morgan Asset Management after finding 20 tonnes of cocaine on it with a street value of $1.3bn https://t.co/dXCzwc9G6K
— Matthew Garrahan (@MattGarrahan) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- IMPORTANT: Facebook Hits DML with Hate Violation. Here’s what happens next
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’