REPORT: Campaign manager blames candidate’s loss on ‘difficult year to be a man’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A campaign manager of a failed judicial campaign in Nevada wrote that his candidate lost because it was a “difficult year to be a man and defeat a woman.”
David Thomas wrote in a letter that Mark Bailus’s loss to his female opponent, Mary Kay Holthus, was a result of the political climate, The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The defeat was not by any means the fault of Judge Bailus, but more due to the political climate of the 2018 elections,” Thomas wrote. “Despite Judge Bailus’ great commitment, he could not overcome the pattern that occurred in all major judicial races between a man and a woman in 2018.”
Bailus, 66, was an incumbent appointed by former Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) to serve on Clark County District Court bench from May 2017 until the term expired last month, the newspaper noted.
In his application for a vacant seat, Mark Bailus included a letter from his campaign manager that blamed the gender of his opponent, Mary Kay Holthus, for his failed election bidhttps://t.co/00mXIMlHB1
— Las Vegas RJ (@reviewjournal) February 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: McCabe claims ‘Gang of 8’ knew of counterintelligence investigation of Trump
- VIDEO: ISIS teen wife bemoans UK’s ‘unjust’ decision to revoke her citizenship
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs