REPORT: California sheriff’s deputy made up story about shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A sheriff’s deputy in Los Angeles County, California, admitted to investigators that he lied about being shot by a sniper while walking to his car Wednesday.
Angel Reinosa, 21, had said he was shot in the shoulder of his ballistic vest, which led to a massive manhunt that included a helicopter with police snipers.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Reinosa admitted he was not shot at as he previously claimed,” L.A. County Homicide Capt. Kent Wegener said late on Saturday. “He also told investigators he had caused the holes in his uniform by cutting it. There was no sniper, no shots fired, and no gunshot injury sustained to his shoulder.”
Reinosa confessed to fabricating the story about being shot after several inconsistencies were found in the course of the investigation. Officials say the young sheriff’s deputy did not provide a reason for making up the shooting.
“Much of his statement was self-serving,” Wegener said. “[It] didn’t make a whole lot of sense … There were several things that were curious,” the Homicide Bureau captain also said. “There was no ballistic evidence in the parking lot at all. No bullet was recovered … There were many things that didn’t add up.”
A criminal investigation into the matter has also been launched and Reinosa has been let go from the department, according to the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department Assistant Sheriff Robin Limon, who also said the department was “incredibly disappointed” in Reinosa’s behavior.
An LA County Sheriff’s Deputy said he was shot in the shoulder of his ballistic vest, which led to a massive manhunt that included a helicopter with police snipers.
It turns out he lied. https://t.co/mH9Q7Z7svi
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 25, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- VIDEO: Actress Traveling America Apologizing for Her White Privilege
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?