REPORT: California judge again blocks Trump administration’s new asylum rule nationwide
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A federal judge in California reimposed a nationwide injunction blocking the Trump administration from enforcing severe new rules for migrants seeking asylum at the southern border, a setback for the president as he seeks to crack down on illegal immigration.
The Monday ruling from U.S. District Judge Jon Tigar blocking the restrictions nationwide for a second time comes after the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals last month narrowed the scope of the injunction to apply only within the circuit, which includes the border states of California and Arizona. As a result of the 9th Circuit’s order, the asylum policy could take effect in Texas and New Mexico.
The article goes on to state the following:
But the 9th Circuit said the federal district court would retain jurisdiction to “further develop the record in support of a preliminary injunction extending beyond the Ninth Circuit.”
Tigar, appointed by President Barack Obama, noted in his ruling that the organizations challenging the new rule serve clients “within and outside of the 9th Circuit” and have “presented sufficient evidence that they will suffer organizational and diversion of resource harms unless the rule is enjoined outside of, as well as within, the 9th Circuit.”
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by the Washington Examiner.
This is … ahem … unfortunate. And if you read the opinion you will notice an extraordinary concern for the organizations – who are not the people affected (except that it’s their bu$ine$$ to work the issue)…
Can’t say much with live litigation.https://t.co/Vf0WRIcjCY
— USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli (@USCISCuccinelli) September 9, 2019
I AGREE WITH BARR, THIS JUDICIAL ACTIVISM MUST STOP. AN UNELECTED JUDGE CANNOT BE MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS! California judge blocks Trump administration’s new asylum rule nationwide https://t.co/21smtMDoes
— Bill Mitchell (@mitchellvii) September 9, 2019
The 9th Circuit said the federal district court would retain jurisdiction to “further develop the record in support of a preliminary injunction extending beyond the Ninth Circuit.”https://t.co/KBlOCaDjPK
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- WOW! Amazing video of New Yorkers lifting a car to get woman out from underneath
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- BREAKING: Three rockets make ‘direct hit’ on US Embassy in Baghdad
- REPORT: Biden shares why he believes he is polling well with black voters at NAACP event
- REPORT: Alicia Keys, Boyz II Men Pay Tribute to Kobe Bryant at Grammys With ‘It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye’
- WOW! Bolton alleges in book that Trump tied Ukraine aid to investigations