REPORT: California GOP opens path to send delegates to 2020 convention even if Trump isn’t on ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
California Republicans approved a rule change Sunday allowing the party to send delegates to the GOP’s national convention next summer even if President Trump isn’t on the state ballot, the Associated Press reported.
The measure came in response to a law signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) earlier this year requiring presidential candidates to release their tax returns as a prerequisite to appearing on the ballot.
The article goes on to state the following:
Newsom’s bill was seen as a direct attack on Trump, and the state of California has already been sued by the president and the Republican National Committee (RNC).
RNC member Shawn Steel told AP on Sunday that the new measure is a stop-gap move, but emphasized the disclosure rule will be defeated in court.
“It’s just planning ahead,” he said.
The rule change would allow the party to hold a special convention after California’s March 2020 primary and determine the candidate, in this case Trump, and organize delegates to send to the convention.
— The Hill (@thehill) September 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- WOW! Amazing video of New Yorkers lifting a car to get woman out from underneath
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- REPORT: MSNBC anchor apologizes after appearing to use N-word describing death of Kobe Bryant
- BREAKING: Pelosi announces plan to REPEAL Trump’s travel ban
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- BREAKING: Three rockets make ‘direct hit’ on US Embassy in Baghdad
- REPORT: Alicia Keys, Boyz II Men Pay Tribute to Kobe Bryant at Grammys With ‘It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye’
- WOW! Bolton alleges in book that Trump tied Ukraine aid to investigations