REPORT: California democrat formally launches presidential bid on gun control platform
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) formally launched his campaign for the presidency Sunday in his hometown of Dublin, Calif., according to CNN.
Swalwell, who has made his push for stricter gun control a central theme of his run, identified the 2018 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Fla., as a formative moment, according to the network.
The article goes on to state the following:
“A year ago, hope died at Parkland,” Swalwell said. “But, in a uniquely American way, owing to the courage and strength of children, hope was reborn at Parkland. Hope has been reborn here in America too. That’s why I started my campaign at Parkland. I pledged to that community what I pledge to you — I will be the first campaign to make ending gun violence the top priority in my campaign.”
— CNN (@CNN) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- VIDEO: Area 51 expert warns what could happen if social media campaign to ‘storm’ top-secret site occurs
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- BREAKING: Prosecutors reveal more items discovered in Jeffrey Epstein’s locked safe, including fake passport
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- BREAKING: Trump moves to end asylum protections for most Central Americans
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham weighs in on Trump feud with congresswomen, Trump responds
- VIDEO: Trump gets into fiery exchange with reporters over tweets against Dem congresswomen