REPORT: California city mayor calls for mandatory liability insurance for gun owners
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Axios:
San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo is today proposing a city ordinance that would require firearm owners to either carry liability insurance or pay a fee to cover public costs of gun violence to the city.
Why it matters: San Jose is reeling from the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting last month that killed 2 children and 1 adult and injured a dozen more. The city, the 10th-largest in the U.S., is the first to propose this kind of “harm reduction” measure to curb gun violence.
The article goes on to state the following:
How it works: If approved by the city council, the measure would require San Jose gun owners to have private liability insurance.
- If such insurance is not available, or if an individual is not able to purchase coverage, firearm owners could pay a fee intended to help cover the costs to city police and emergency services related to gun violence.
NEW: The mayor of San Jose is proposing a city ordinance today that would require gun owners to either carry liability insurance or pay a fee to cover the costs of gun violence to the city. https://t.co/CFOmzMFhvG
— Axios (@axios) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Axios. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Axios
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: AOC takes heat from Heartland conservatives over her mocking video about Electoral College