REPORT: Boris Johnson postpones White House visit after nasty phone spat with Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Boris Johnson postponed a White House visit planned for next week after a furious phone call during which President Trump accused the British prime minister of betraying him over Huawei.
It is the latest sign of a tense relationship between two leaders many thought would forge an easy, populist, transatlantic alliance.
The article goes on to state the following:
It is understood that Trump abruptly ended the call after accusing Johnson of “betrayal” for ignoring American warnings and pushing ahead with allowing Chinese tech giant Huawai to take a role in the United Kingdom’s 5G phone network.
The Washington Examiner reported that, according to two sources, Johnson has ditched his plans to visit the White House next week, after the “contentious” phone call last week with President Trump.
.@BorisJohnson was supposed to visit the White House next week, but those plans have been delayed.@realDonaldtrump accused the British PM of “betrayal” after the UK partnered with @huawei to build the country’s 5G network.https://t.co/e0KQ84jK1R
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump