REPORT: Border Patrol searching for missing toddler after migrant mom found drowned in Rio Grande
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
A 3-year-old boy is missing after he and his mother tried to cross the Rio Grande near Eagle Pass, Texas, the U.S. Border Patrol said Thursday.
A body believed to be the boy’s mother, a 28-year-old woman from Honduras, was found Wednesday, more than a day after the pair went missing.
The article goes on to state the following:
The pair were part of a group of about a dozen people who crossed the river from Mexico near a legal border crossing in the area early Tuesday morning. Surviving members of the group reported the pair missing.
“This is heartbreaking tragedy that occurs too often,” said Del Rio Sector Chief Patrol Agent Raul L. Ortiz. “Border Patrol agents are using all available resources in the search for the missing boy.”
Multiple children have drowned trying to cross the river with their parents in recent months.
CBP says agents immediately began search and rescue efforts to find them. On Aug. 21 at 11 am, Eagle Pass South marine agents found a female body matching the description of the missing 28-year-old Honduran woman. The search for the 3-yr-old continues.#EaglePass #Immigration
— Sydney Hernandez (@SydneyKGBT) August 23, 2019
A mother and her 3 year old were swept away by the Rio Grande in Eagle Pass, Texas, after trailing a dozen migrants attempting to cross into the US, according to the Border Patrol. Agents have recovered the body of the mother but are searching for the little boy. pic.twitter.com/I0jckUeOM6
— Zolan Kanno-Youngs (@KannoYoungs) August 22, 2019
Every migrant I talked to today when I was with Border Patrol said that the scariest part of their journey to the U.S. from their home country was crossing the Rio Grande.
In fiscal year 2018 alone, Border Patrol Agents conducted 1,509 rescue operations in RGV. https://t.co/amaizC72xY
— Camila DeChalus (@cdechalus) August 20, 2019
A mother and son went missing while crossing the Rio Grande with a group https://t.co/4Wt1TEHQwj
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral
- REPORT: Coca-Cola’s surprising new flavor is ‘super difficult to track down’
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’