REPORT: Border Patrol reveals shocking budget to care for asylum-seekers, in just one region
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The U.S. Border Patrol’s busiest region on the southern border now expects to spend more than $20 million on consumable items and services for asylum-seekers, up from the $12.5 million it had budgeted for the year due to a continued surge of families illegally crossing into the United States, according to federal data obtained by the Washington Examiner.
The extra money to aid asylum-seekers along the Rio Grande Valley Sector, the eastern-most region of the 2,000-mile southern border, will go toward “medical, shower/laundry, food, caregiver, etc.,” a Border Patrol official told the Examiner on condition of anonymity.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Rio Grande Valley Sector had expected to spend $12.5 million on contracted services between last October and this September, known as fiscal 2019.
However, due to a drastic uptick in the number of immigrant family apprehensions in the valley since October, they now say they are on track to spend $20 million by September.
SCOOP —> U.S. Border Patrol told me they now expect to spend $20M in FY19 caring for migrants who are taken into custody in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, the busiest region along the southern border. They originally budgeted $12.5M for the year. https://t.co/H6RvyU7rmF
— Anna Giaritelli (@Anna_Giaritelli) May 15, 2019
Nearly 250,000 people who illegally crossed into the U.S. as part of a “family unit” have been taken into custody across the southern border since October.https://t.co/nQaKGBDmiE
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel