REPORT: Border Patrol forced to separate illegal immigrants by nationality due to ‘friction’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
EL PASO, Texas — Border officials in El Paso, Texas, this spring began separating migrants in federal custody based on nationality due to hostility and tension between Central and South American detainees who were being held in the same cells and even areas of facilities, according to several federal agents. The practice continued at least into June.
In Border Patrol facilities across the southern border, detainees are assigned to holding cells or rooms that are organized by unaccompanied children, families, adult men, and adult women. However, agents in El Paso said they chose to add additional groups within those categories earlier this spring after they started seeing tensions rise between different nationalities.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There’s friction between Cubans, Brazilians, and the Central Americans,” one Border Patrol agent told the Washington Examiner.
El Paso is the only one of the Border Patrol’s nine regions along the U.S.-Mexico border that has seen Cuban citizens arrive at the border this year. The agent said when Cubans were introduced into facilities, detainees did not respond well. The sector opted to additionally separate people based on country of origin to avoid verbal or physical fights among people being held in confined spaces.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report.
“There’s friction between Cubans, Brazilians, and the Central Americans.”
Infighting between detained migrants at southern border getting worsehttps://t.co/k5TxUpLBP7
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant