REPORT: Black Friday online sales hit all-time high of $7.4 billion, up 43% — these were the hottest toys and electronics
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by MARKETWATCH.COM:
This year’s Black Friday was the biggest ever for online sales, and Adobe Analytics says carts filled on phones, computers and tablets rang up $7.4 billion in transactions, up 43% on the year.
That ranks just behind the $7.9 billion haul of last year’s Cyber Monday, which holds the one-day record for online sales. Adobe ADBE+0.15% measures sales at 80 of the top 100 U.S. online retailers.
Adobe expects online sales to hit $9.4 billion this Cyber Monday. Much of the shopping is happening on people’s phones, which accounted for 39% of all online sales Friday and 61% of online traffic. Shoppers have been looking for “Frozen 2” toys in particular. Other top purchases included sports video games and Apple laptops. All the online shopping may have helped thin the crowd at malls on Black Friday.
To get more information about this article, please visit MARKETWATCH.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting MARKETWATCH.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- BREAKING: FBI Treating Pensacola Navy Shooting as Terrorism
- REPORT: Omar to hit campaign trail with 2020 frontrunner in New Hampshire
- REPORT: Dozens of counties declare themselves ‘Second Amendment sanctuaries’ after Democrats win state legislature
- REPORT: Trump names new deputy chief of staff
- BREAKING: Suspect identified as Saudi national in shooting at naval base, multiple dead
- REPORT: Doubts surface on Schiff’s phone record claims on Giuliani after WH says he has wrong number
- BREAKING: Democrat says he expects to oppose articles of impeachment against Trump
- BREAKING: Name and photo released of Saudi Air Force trainee who opened fire at Pensacola naval base