REPORT: Biden saved as much as $500,000 using tax loophole Obama tried to close
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former Vice President Joe Biden saved half-a-million dollars on taxes using a loophole that former President Barack Obama attempted to abolish.
Biden and his wife, Jill Biden, channeled money from book sales and speeches through S corporations rather than claiming to be self-employed, skirting the 3.8% tax, according to tax records released this week and reviewed by the Wall Street Journal. The Bidens saved up to $500,000 with the shuffle.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There’s no reason for these to be in an S corp — none, other than to save on self-employment tax,” RubinBrown LLP accountant Tony Nitti said after reviewing the tax returns.
“Hypocrisy,” tweeted Charlie Kirk, Founder & President of Turning Point USA. “When he was in the White House, Joe Biden tried to repeal a tax loophole that allowed corporations to avoid an additional 3.8% tax. Yet when he filed taxes on his $15 million income, he used that very loophole he tried closing to skip out on $500,000 of taxes.”
— Janet Novack (@janetnovack) July 10, 2019
“New from me: Biden’s tax returns show that he used a tax loophole that Democrats have spent years trying unsuccessfully to shut down.” — Richard Rubin (@RichardRubinDC) on Twitter
New from me: Biden’s tax returns show that he used a tax loophole that Democrats have spent years trying unsuccessfully to shut down. https://t.co/CKVDZite1m
— Richard Rubin (@RichardRubinDC) July 10, 2019
Joe Biden funneled his book royalties and other earnings in 2017 and 2018 through s corporations to avoid paying a 3.8% self-employment tax. Obama tried to plug this exact loophole https://t.co/3TtfFbVvMU
— Michelle Hackman (@MHackman) July 10, 2019
— Eliza Collins (@elizacollins1) July 10, 2019
When he was in the White House, Joe Biden tried to repeal a tax loophole that allowed corporations to avoid an additional 3.8% tax
Yet when he filed taxes on his $15 million income, he used that very loophole he tried closing to skip out on $500,000 of taxes
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Melania Turns Heads In Gorgeous Black Pantsuit At WH Special Olympics Event
- UPDATE: Donald Trump: Rock Star Welcome for Ilhan Omar ‘Staged’ in Minnesota
- REPORT: Key Mueller witness indicted on child sex-trafficking charges
- VIDEO: Trump takes fresh aim at Omar after her vow to be his worst nightmare
- VIDEO: Devin Nunes expects ‘the worst’ from Mueller testimony
- VIDEO: Reporter asks Trump about plastic straws as Iran seizes two vessels
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan: Timing of final Carter Page FISA extension is ‘significant’
- VIDEO: Buttigieg Writes Off Donald Trump Supporters as ‘Committed Racists’
- REPORT: O’Rourke releases plan affecting Social Security
- REPORT: Dems decry Omar resolution defending Israel boycott