REPORT: Biden aides were concerned with optics of son’s position with Ukrainian gas company
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Aides to former Vice President Joe Biden were reportedly worried about the appearance of his son’s employment with a Ukrainian gas company while his father was still in office.
Sources described as “people who worked with his office” told the New York Times that his staffers were concerned about the optics of Hunter Biden’s employment on the board of Burisma while his father was publicly railing against corruption in the country.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Hunter Biden’s activities struck many of the officials working on Ukraine policy as an unnecessary distraction, or worse,” the publication reported Sunday. “Mr. Biden’s own aides were so worried about the optics, they enlisted State Department officials to gather facts to determine how to handle the story, according to people who worked with his office.”
However, “few, if any, had raised the issue with Mr. Biden directly when it first arose.” Most viewed Hunter Biden’s position as an issue that was “simply not worth risking a scolding from Mr. Biden, who had reacted angrily when Mr. Obama’s aides raised the issue of his son’s lobbying during the 2008 campaign.”
Others pointed to the personal loss of his son Beau Biden as another reason why aides shied away from discussing the matter with him.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- EXCLUSIVE: Jim Jordan taunts Schiff with new posters during impeachment hearing [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Jordan calls out Schiff during heated exchange while grilling Vindman
- EXCLUSIVE: Mitch McConnell comments on likelihood of Senate impeaching Trump [VIDEO]
- Morning briefing: Nov 20
- VIDEO: Fox News’ Chris Wallace makes crude comparison to Trump prior to impeachment hearing
- POLL: Is Pelosi jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections?
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless crisis takes its toll, prompting question: How much more can we take?
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein