REPORT: Bevin knocks Kentucky Secretary of State for calling the race on CNN, calls for a recanvass of ballots
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) doubled down Wednesday on his claim that his state’s gubernatorial election may have been marred by alleged “irregularities.”
Bevin refused to concede the election Tuesday night after the vote showed him losing to Democrat Andy Beshear by less than half a percentage point and called for a recanvass of the votes.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Kentucky sadly — and it’s not unique to Kentucky — but there’s more than a little bit of history of vote fraud in our state,” Bevin told reporters, adding that his campaign was working on “getting affidavits and other information that will help us to get a better understanding of what did or did not happen.”
Bevin called for votes across the state to be recanvassed, adding that there had been reports of voters being “incorrectly turned away from various voting booths around the state.”
“We want the people of Kentucky to have absolute confidence that their votes were counted as they should have been counted,” Mr. Bevin told reporters.
He went on to blast Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes (D) for calling the race for his opponent while she was on CNN.
“The fact that our secretary of state was on national TV … it was an interesting choice of places for her to go while the roll was being tallied, the votes were being tallied and to call an election,” Bevin added. “For her to try to jump the gun on this and interject herself into this, it’s something that’s being looked into.”
— Hillary Thornton (@HillaryWKYT) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm