REPORT: Beto O’Rourke to join El Paso anti-Wall march to counter Trump rally
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Potential 2020 Democratic candidatewill speak at a march Monday in his hometown of El Paso against President Trump’s proposed border wall, O’Rourke said Friday. The event will begin at 5 p.m. and O’Rourke is scheduled to speak at 7 p.m., the same time Mr. Trump’s “Make America Great Again” rally is set to start.
“While some try to stoke fear and paranoia, to spread lies and a false narrative about the U.S.-Mexico border and to demand a 2,000 mile wall along it at a time of record safety and security, El Paso will come together for a march and celebration that highlights the truth,” said the statement from O’Rourke’s office.
The article goes on to state the following:
The rally will be held across the street from Mr. Trump’s rally, his first “Make America Great Again” rally of 2020. In the State of Union on Tuesday, Mr. Trump said “considered one of our nation’s most dangerous cities ” until a border wall was built in 2009. “Now, with a powerful barrier in place, El Paso is one of our safest cities,” Mr. Trump said.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall