REPORT: Beto O’Rourke to join El Paso anti-Wall march to counter Trump rally
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Potential 2020 Democratic candidatewill speak at a march Monday in his hometown of El Paso against President Trump’s proposed border wall, O’Rourke said Friday. The event will begin at 5 p.m. and O’Rourke is scheduled to speak at 7 p.m., the same time Mr. Trump’s “Make America Great Again” rally is set to start.
“While some try to stoke fear and paranoia, to spread lies and a false narrative about the U.S.-Mexico border and to demand a 2,000 mile wall along it at a time of record safety and security, El Paso will come together for a march and celebration that highlights the truth,” said the statement from O’Rourke’s office.
The article goes on to state the following:
The rally will be held across the street from Mr. Trump’s rally, his first “Make America Great Again” rally of 2020. In the State of Union on Tuesday, Mr. Trump said “considered one of our nation’s most dangerous cities ” until a border wall was built in 2009. “Now, with a powerful barrier in place, El Paso is one of our safest cities,” Mr. Trump said.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018