REPORT: Beto O’Rourke admits he’s not doing the best job running for president
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke bristled Monday at the suggestion his 2020 campaign was rebooting, but admitted he could improve how he speaks to the country as a whole.
“We’ve been on the road now for eight weeks, traveling to over 15 states, have held more than 150 town halls, running today the same way that we started. But I recognize I can do a better job also of talking to a national audience beyond the town halls,” O’Rourke said during an interview on MSNBC. “I hope that I’m continuing to do better over time, but we’ve been extraordinarily fortunate with the campaign that we’ve run so far.”
The article goes on to state the following:
O’Rourke’s appearance on MSNBC ends a noticeable absence from national television. The former congressman is scheduled to feature on ABC’s “The View” on Tuesday and in a CNN town hall broadcast from Iowa next week. Many political pundits have speculated the change in strategy was triggered by his flagging poll numbers.
O’Rourke was questioned about his grassroots approach to his White House bid in April during a town hall in Arlington, Va. At the time, he told the concerned supporter he preferred to meet voters “eyeball-to-eyeball,” but at some time he “may have to give in and be on your television sets.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Melania Turns Heads In Gorgeous Black Pantsuit At WH Special Olympics Event
- REPORT: Key Mueller witness indicted on child sex-trafficking charges
- REPORT: O’Rourke releases plan affecting Social Security
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Devin Nunes expects ‘the worst’ from Mueller testimony
- VIDEO: Trump takes fresh aim at Omar after her vow to be his worst nightmare
- VIDEO: Reporter asks Trump about plastic straws as Iran seizes two vessels
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone
- OpEd: Nolte: CNN, Michael Avenatti hush money hoax debunked