REPORT: Bernie Sanders releases ‘scorn’ list in effort to boost his campaign
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Bernie Sanders has secured only three endorsements from fellow members of Congress for his 2020 Democratic presidential bid. But it’s anti-endorsements the socialist Vermont senator seems most proud of.
The Sanders campaign on Wednesday published a list of business leaders and other prominent figures who have condemned his policies and vehemently oppose his White House bid.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We can propose all the ideas and plans we want, but nothing will fundamentally change until we have the guts to take on the most powerful corporate interests in America,” Sanders wrote on his campaign site Wednesday. “That is why I am proud to announce the modern-day oligarchs who oppose our movement.”
“While Sanders is proud to have earned the scorn of billionaires and CEOs, he is also proud to have the support of progressive leaders across the country,” his campaign said in a statement.
The “anti-endorsement” list includes Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon, CEO of Disney Bob Iger, Goldman Sachs partner Leon Cooperman, and Home Depot co-founder Kenneth Langone.
“It should come as no surprise that corporate CEOs and billionaires have united against our movement,” Sanders tweeted. “These people have a vested interest in preserving the status quo so they can continue to exploit working people across America. We welcome their hatred.”
It should come as no surprise that corporate CEOs and billionaires have united against our movement. These people have a vested interest in preserving the status quo so they can continue to exploit working people across America. We welcome their hatred. https://t.co/x61wPCHR1V
— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant