REPORT: ‘Bathroom Bill’ Republican Snags Win In State’s Special Election Primary
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
State Sen. Dan Bishop of North Carolina had a large lead to win over nine competing Republicans running in the primary in the special election in the state’s 9th Congressional district Tuesday.
Bishop will go head-to-head against Democrat Dan McCready next time the district votes on Sept. 10. McCready already ran for the post during the 2018 election cycle, but narrowly lost to Republican Mark Harris, the results of that election were not certified due to reports of absentee ballot fraud.
The article goes on to state the following:
Bishop sponsored House Bill 2 in 2016, a measure that called for transgendered persons to use the bathroom that corresponded with the gender that was defined at birth, not another self-selected one. Multiple action groups, businesses, and politicians nationwide called on a boycott of the state, and the measure was eventually overturned.
— Joe Bruno (@JoeBrunoWSOC9) May 15, 2019
NC Values proudly endorses @jdanbishop for the 9th District. Dan Bishop is best qualified to serve the voters of #NC09. Remember to VOTE TODAY! Polls are open until 7:30pm https://t.co/PiJ80ud5ao #ncpol #Elections2019 pic.twitter.com/6QXUC0gECf
— NC Values Coalition (@NCValues) May 14, 2019
#BREAKING: Dan Bishop was declared the winner of the Republican primary Tuesday night and will represent the GOP in the special election for the open house seat in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District in September, according to the Associated Press. https://t.co/7MbJWgsPmT
— WBTV News (@WBTV_News) May 15, 2019
BREAKING: State Sen. Dan Bishop, sponsor of ‘bathroom bill,’ wins GOP primary in redo of North Carolina congressional election. https://t.co/AbHufZQh3a
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 15, 2019
‘Bathroom Bill’ Republican Snags Win In North Carolina Special Election Primary https://t.co/xmlVPvjl6s
— The Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart