REPORT: Barr rejects key finding in report on Russia probe: sources
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Attorney General Barr is rejecting a key finding in the Justice Department’s inspector general’s report on the Russia probe, The Washington Post reported Monday.
People familiar with the matter told The Post that Barr said he does not agree with the report’s finding that the FBI had enough intelligence to initiate an investigation into the Trump campaign in July 2016.
The article goes on to state the following:
The long-awaited report from the Justice Department’s Inspector General Michael Horowitz is expected to be made public in a week. But a draft is being discussed behind the scenes, and the attorney general reportedly is not persuaded that the FBI investigation was justified.
Attorney general disputes inspector general's finding that FBI was justified in opening probe of Trump's 2016 campaign https://t.co/2QVGWxWh7J
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) December 3, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: NY Democrat who attended White House ball announces his vote on impeachment
- BREAKING: First-term Democrats push former Republican as impeachment manager
- BREAKING: Schumer sends letter to McConnell naming top two witnesses he will request for testimony in Senate trial
- Kellyanne Conway sounds off on what’s missing from Democrats’ impeachment articles
- OpEd: Naval Aviator reveals what really happened in Pensacola. A must read and share.
- REPORT: Hallmark Channel reverses decision to pull commercial of same-sex couple after backlash
- UPDATE: China suspends tariffs on US products scheduled to go into effect Sunday
- VIDEO: ‘Too damn late:’ Gowdy blasts Comey admission he was wrong about FISA abuse
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham invites key Trump ally to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump