REPORT: AZ governor reverses course after Betsy Ross flag controversy with ‘welcome’ for Nike
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A little more than a week after pulling state incentives from Nike following its decision to pull its Betsy Ross Flag shoes after former NFL star Colin Kaepernick raised issues around them, Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) reversed his stance.
Ducey tweeted Thursday welcoming a Nike facility to Goodyear, Ariz., saying the company will bring more than 500 jobs and $184 million to the state.
“This is good news for Arizona and for [Goodyear, AZ] 500 plus jobs. Over $184 million in capital investment. Arizona is open for business, and we welcome Nike to our state,” Ducey tweeted.
— Doug Ducey (@dougducey) July 11, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
Ducey was one of many conservatives to publicly blast Nike and announced he would instruct the state to pull financial incentives for Nike after the company decided not to fully release a Betsy Ross flag sneaker.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly