REPORT: Was Assange expelled from the embassy over leaked picture of lobster?
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
A spat over scoffing lobster in bed was behind Julian Assange’s exit from the Ecuadorian embassy last week and the ensuing political storm over what to do with the WikiLeaks fugitive.
Assange’s seven-year stay at the Knightsbridge embassy ended when he was handcuffed at the behest of his exasperated South American hosts and dragged out by officers from Scotland Yard.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last night, it emerged that Assange was removed after embarrassing pictures of Ecuador president Lenin Moreno dining on lobster at a luxury hotel room were leaked to a website.
In February, more than 200 private emails and text messages belonging to Mr Moreno and his wife, as well as pictures of the family on lavish holidays in Europe, were leaked to a site called INApapers.org.
The most embarrassing photos were of Mr Moreno eating lobster in his hotel bed. The pictures caused uproar in Ecuador since it showed the president luxuriating at a time when he had imposed austerity measures on his people.
— Thyra Danevirke (@TDanevirke) April 14, 2019
The secrets came directly from the phones of President Lenín Moreno of Ecuador: intimate pictures of him and his family on vacation, text messages from his wife, even a photograph of the president himself in a posh bedroom, eating a lobster in bed. https://t.co/sA2pjhhbJr
— New York Times World (@nytimesworld) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence