REPORT: AOC not intimidated after Pelosi lecture; Says ‘no’ to change
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is defying Nancy Pelosi’s call to stop the tweets and will not change her social media habits after the speaker delivered a harsh tongue-lashing to her Democratic lawmakers in the Capitol Wednesday morning, warning them to stop tweeting about their colleagues.
‘No,’ Ocasio-Cortez said with a big grin to DailyMail.com Wednesday afternoon, when asked if she’d be changing her Twitter habits after Pelosi’s lecture.
The article goes on to state the following:
The New York Democrat has 4.7 million Twitter followers, almost twice that amount of Pelosi’s 2.66 million.
The Washington Examiner reported on the referenced lecture, as Democratic House leaders urged fellow lawmakers not to war with each other publicly, especially on Twitter.
“As much as we need a prosperous economy, we also need a prosperity of kindness and decency,” Pelosi said in a closed-door meeting on Wednesday, according to a Washington Examiner source. “That civility is something that this caucus should be leading the way on. So, again, you got a complaint? You come and talk to me about it. But do not tweet about our members and expect us to think that that is just OK.”
The Examiner says the comments were “apparently” aimed “at the ultra-progressive freshman wing led by Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez.”
“So, again, you got a complaint? You come and talk to me about it.”
Pelosi snaps at Democrats for Twitter fightshttps://t.co/ILX3s5207T
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Democratic presidential debate question about Ellen sparks outrage
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- REPORT: Brit Hume Explains Why He Thinks Pelosi Still Hasn’t Called For Trump Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: At least 3 ‘Squad’ members throw weight behind Dem candidate in stunning endorsement
- BREAKING: 4th defendant in case involving Rudy Giuliani associates arrested at airport
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say