REPORT: Anthony Weiner breaks silence upon release from halfway house
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Disgraced former Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., departed a halfway house in the Bronx on Tuesday.
“It’s good to be out,” he said, according to NBC News. “I hope to be able to live a life of integrity and service. I’m glad this chapter of my life is behind me.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Weiner, who stepped down from his position in Congress in 2011 due to a sexting scandal, was sentenced to 21 months in federal prison after pleading guilty in November 2017 to sending obscene material to a minor girl. He checked into the halfway house in February, three months before his sentence was up.
Weiner was previously married to Huma Abedin, a longtime aide to Hillary Clinton. The couple announced they were splitting in 2016 after it was revealed that Weiner had sent lewd messages to a 15-year-old girl. Weiner was ordered to register as a level-one sex offender and will be registered as such for at least 20 years.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart