REPORT: ANOTHER state passes bill to give their Electoral College votes to popular vote winner
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A bill that would give Delaware’s Electoral College votes to the presidential candidate who wins the national popular vote passed the House.
The Delaware House last week passed the measure by a vote of 24-17 that would add that state to a joint pact already containing 12 states and the District of Columbia, according to local news outlet WHYY.
The article goes on to state the following:
The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact would only go into effect if enough states sign on to bring the total Electoral College votes to 270.
Currently, with the recent addition of Colorado, whose governor signed the bill Friday, the total is 181, still well shy of the 270 needed. Delaware has only 3 Electoral College votes.
— The Hill (@thehill) March 18, 2019
The fact that tiny Delaware, who the Electoral College was explicit designed to protect, is moving against it, shows how broken our republic is.
They realize it’s dangerous to have a future President who could be elected with 22% of the popular vote.https://t.co/BCGgukvv49
— augustf (@augustf) March 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump