REPORT: Another governor supports requiring presidential candidates to release tax returns to appear on ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) said she supports requiring President Trump and other presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot for Election Day.
“We have to hold our elected officials accountable. I think this is just one way of doing it,” Brown said in an interview with HuffPost published Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Brown’s remarks follow recent action in California, where Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) last month signed into law a measure that would require candidates for president and governor to disclose federal tax returns from the five most recent years in order to appear on the primary ballot.
Legislation requiring presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose tax returns before they can appear on the Oregon ballot in general elections has already been introduced in the state Senate, which is Democrat-controlled.
Oregon Governor Supports Making Trump Release Tax Returns To Get On Primary Ballot – HuffPost https://t.co/fOOYmksPrz
— Robert M. (@Foxfieldguy) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]