REPORT: Another governor supports requiring presidential candidates to release tax returns to appear on ballot
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) said she supports requiring President Trump and other presidential candidates to release their tax returns in order to appear on the ballot for Election Day.
“We have to hold our elected officials accountable. I think this is just one way of doing it,” Brown said in an interview with HuffPost published Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Brown’s remarks follow recent action in California, where Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) last month signed into law a measure that would require candidates for president and governor to disclose federal tax returns from the five most recent years in order to appear on the primary ballot.
Legislation requiring presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose tax returns before they can appear on the Oregon ballot in general elections has already been introduced in the state Senate, which is Democrat-controlled.
Oregon Governor Supports Making Trump Release Tax Returns To Get On Primary Ballot – HuffPost https://t.co/fOOYmksPrz
— Robert M. (@Foxfieldguy) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’
- REPORT: Coca-Cola’s surprising new flavor is ‘super difficult to track down’