REPORT: Some of America’s largest grocery chains adding protective gear to checkout lanes
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
New York (CNN Business) — The checkout aisles at a number of the United States’ largest grocery chains are going to look a little different.
Walmart, Kroger and Albertsons are installing plexiglass sneeze guards in the coming weeks to help protect their employees from the spread of coronavirus as they continue to work on the front lines of a public health pandemic.
The article goes on to state the following:
It’s part of a growing number of changes the companies are implementing as they continue to remain open, including enforcing social distancing guidelines.
Walmart will add sneeze guards at its 4,700 US stores, as well as its 600 Sam’s Club locations. They will be installed “within the next three weeks,” the report says.
Albertsons, which also owns Safeway and Vons, will install the sneeze guards within the next two weeks at all of its 2,200 stores.
At Kroger, sneeze guards and floor decals with social distancing information will be installed at its 2,700 US stores over “the coming weeks.”
Target is also installing safeguards, including social distancing signs and floor decals. At its check-out lanes, cleaning will take place after each transaction, and closed lanes will be deep cleaned.
Some of the largest grocery chains in the country are installing sneeze guards. https://t.co/sEssdaoaeb
— WPDE ABC15 (@wpdeabc15) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
- REPORT: Stunning graphs predict when COVID-19 deaths, needs will peak in every state
- BREAKING: ‘Star Wars’ actor dies from Covid-19
- FOX NEWS: Doctor reveals results of promising drug that may help treat COVID19 (video)
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow’s attempt to slam Trump over hospital ships backfires
- BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
- TRUMP TWEET: Taunts Nancy Pelosi about MSNBC interview [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Health care firm slashes pay for nurses, docs as they battle coronavirus
- VIDEO: CNN’s Cuomo discusses positive coronavirus diagnosis on air: ‘You do not want this’
- VIDEO: Dr. Birx: ‘Disappointing’ that half a million new coronavirus tests not being utilized