REPORT: Al Sharpton calls for resignations to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rev. Al Sharpton on Thursday called for Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring to resign after they both admitted to wearing blackface in the 1980s.
“If you sin, you must pay for the sin,” Sharpton said at the Virginia Union University’s weekly chapel service. “Blackface represents a deeper problem where people felt they could dehumanize and humiliate people based on their inferiority.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“When we’re reacting to blackface, we’re not reacting to the act. We’re reacting to what the act represents,” he added, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Northam, a Democrat, so far has refused to bow to increasing pressure to resign over the controversy stemming from a photo showing one man dressed up in blackface and another in Ku Klux Klan garb. Northam denies he was in the photo, but did admit he wore blackface for a Michael Jackson costume in the 1980s.
Al Sharpton: Virginia Gov. Northam, AG Herring must resign to ‘pay for the sin’ of wearing blackface https://t.co/ICRVESb3rs
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: McCabe claims ‘Gang of 8’ knew of counterintelligence investigation of Trump
- VIDEO: ISIS teen wife bemoans UK’s ‘unjust’ decision to revoke her citizenship
- VIDEO: Kamala Harris gives awkward response when asked about Jussie Smollett claims