REPORT: Air Force leaders order probe of Trump resort stays

Sign up for our newsletter
BY TEAM DML / SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 /

GET the DML NEWS APP (FREE) Click Here

Below is a report that DML News App gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Politico:

The U.S. Air Force has ordered a world-wide review of how it chooses overnight accommodations on long flights following revelations that air crews had occasionally stayed at President Donald Trump’s Scotland resort while refueling at a small commercial airport nearby.

The review comes as additional instances of military personnel staying at Trump properties have been uncovered. The C-17 crew’s overnight stay at Trump’s Turnberry resort in Scotland earlier this year, first reported by POLITICO on Friday, was not an isolated incident.

The article goes on to state the following:

In September 2018, on its way back to the U.S. from Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, a unit of the Maine Air National Guard landed at Prestwick Airport, the airport closest to Trump’s luxury waterfront resort. The crew and their passengers then spent the night at his hotel, according to one person who was present, an Instagram post and a voucher detailing the crew’s itinerary reviewed by POLITICO.

The Air Force did not immediately respond to questions about that September stay, but Air Force Brig. Gen. Ed Thomas, the chief spokesman, told POLITICO in a statement that “initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures.”

To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Politico

Sign up for our newsletter

GET the DML NEWS APP (FREE) Click Here

6 Comments

  1. Roslyons September 9th, 2019 at 8:42 am

    Who cares where they stayed

    Reply

  2. Cindy September 9th, 2019 at 9:40 am

    Eye roll….so what!

    Reply

  3. Linda September 9th, 2019 at 10:27 am

    Another demorat with a hatred for our wonderful President Trump 🐀

    🇺🇸👍❤️TRUMP 2020🇺🇸👍❤️
    👍❤️🇺🇸KAG🇺🇸❤️👍

    Reply

  4. Capit September 9th, 2019 at 10:53 am

    Air Force Brig. Gen. Ed Thomas, the chief spokesman, told POLITICO in a statement that “initial reviews indicate that aircrew transiting through Scotland adhered to all guidance and procedures.” That tells me the review proved nothing was done outside of normal procedures so how does that turn into a huge FAKE NEWS uproar? Read the whole article you dumb socialist hate mongers. Must be working for Nadlers cause.

    Reply

  5. Mary September 9th, 2019 at 10:54 am

    What about Nancy Pelosi using military aircraft to travel all over the country and world therefore the taxpayer is being billed.

    Reply

  6. Bob September 9th, 2019 at 12:01 pm

    Maybe motel 6 was booked !

    Reply

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *