REPORT: African immigrant among Dems planning challenges to GOP senator
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The first black man to win election as mayor of a city in Montana and a first-time candidate who deployed to the Middle East on top secret missions during the global war on terror are both preparing to announce challenges to Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) next year.
Wilmot Collins, 55, a Liberian immigrant who has served as mayor of Helena since 2017, filed papers with the Federal Election Commission on Monday to open a campaign account. In a video posted to his Twitter feed, Collins hinted at his plans ahead of a Monday announcement.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Lobbyists are running the show in Washington, and they are leaving Montana families behind. It is left with us to fix it,” Collins said. “I may not look nor sound like the regular politicians, but I’m a hard worker and I get things done.”
They say it could never be done. A Liberian refugee elected to office in Montana.
— Wilmot Collins (@CollinsWilmot) May 10, 2019
It’s a new low when the President of our country doesn’t immediately condemn the idea of shooting immigrants and those seeking refuge in the U.S. Instead he laughs and jokes about it.
This is not the same country I found a home in 25 years ago. We are so much better than this. https://t.co/k1PGUIWALS
— Wilmot Collins (@CollinsWilmot) May 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records