REPORT: Adam Schiff fights to keep records secret
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff moved to dismiss a lawsuit seeking access to secretive subpoenas the California Democrat issued for call records he made public during last year’s impeachment investigation of President Trump.
His legal team, led by Douglas Letter, the Democratic-led House’s general counsel, told the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on Friday that “these requests and subpoenas were integral to the Committee’s inquiry and consistent with its mandate to investigate and issue a report” about whether Trump should be impeached.
The article goes on to state the following:
In December, conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit against Schiff and his committee seeking access to “the controversial subpoenas issued for phone records,” including those of Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani. Judicial Watch pointed out that Schiff’s impeachment report included “the publication of the private phone records of Giuliani, Congressman Devin Nunes, journalist John Solomon, Trump attorney Jay Sekulow, attorney Victoria Toensing, and other American citizens.”
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by the Washington Examiner.
Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton tweeted on Thursday, “Schiff court filing seems to suggest that Congress can secretly subpoena and then publish the private phone records of any American any time it wants. #Spygate and “FISA abuse” comes to the House.”
Schiff court filing seems to suggest that Congress can secretly subpoena and then publish the private phone records of any American any time it wants. #Spygate and “FISA abuse” comes to the House. #CoupCabal https://t.co/XrjwWOaLpZ
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) March 19, 2020
“Adam Schiff is ethically compromised and lied six ways to Sunday about Russia, @realDonaldTrump, and Schiff’s leaker ally in the CIA. We sued to hold him accountable. But the DOJ should also be looking at him, too. And Trump should cut off Schiff’s access to classified info!” Fitton added in another tweet.
Adam Schiff is ethically compromised and lied six ways to Sunday about Russia, @realDonaldTrump, and Schiff’s leaker ally in the CIA. We sued to hold him accountable. But the DOJ should also be looking at him, too. And Trump should cut off Schiff’s access to classified info! https://t.co/GWdIh2ypZc
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) March 19, 2020
NEW: In non-coronavirus news, Adam Schiff is battling in court to keep secret his impeachment subpoena records – which led to call logs from Giuliani, Nunes, Sekulow, Solomon, & others to be made public. Judicial Watch vowed to keep fighting.@DCExaminerhttps://t.co/tCHQKKLxa4
— JERRY DUNLEAVY (@JerryDunleavy) March 19, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham predicts Biden’s vice presidential pick
- VIDEO: Kayleigh McEnany responds to reports she voted by mail 11 times
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s executive order to crack down on social media giants? [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Retired INS agent rips into Governor Cuomo, reveals corruption over nursing home deaths [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy minces no words as he weighs in on George Floyd death
- VIDEO: Dozens arrested at wild NYC protest over death of George Floyd
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Probe: Senior Trump admin official used office for personal gain, investigators say
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- REPORT: Michael Moore makes incredible suggestion to show repentance to ‘black America’ after Floyd killing