REPORT: ACLU demands MILLIONS in damages for family of Guatemalan woman shot by Border Patrol
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Advocates on behalf of a 20-year-old Guatemalan woman who was shot and killed by a U.S. Border Patrol agent last year want $100 million in damages, The Associated Press reports.
The legal claim on behalf of Claudia Patricia Gómez González, filed by the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas, comes almost exactly one year after her death. The claim serves as a precursor to a lawsuit.
The article goes on to state the following:
Gómez González, an undocumented immigrant, crossed the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas as part of a group of migrants. They were then confronted by a Border Patrol agent.
In a statement after her death, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) said the agent fired his gun after he “came under attack by multiple subjects using blunt objects.”
ICYMI: Yesterday marked 1 year since #ClaudiaPatriciaGomezGonzalez, an unarmed, indigenous 20 year old from Guatemala, was senselessly killed by a US Border Patrol agent.
— ACLU of Texas (@ACLUTx) May 24, 2019
BREAKING: We are filing a claim against the federal government on behalf of the family of Claudia Patricia Gómez González, a young Guatemalan woman killed by a Border Patrol agent last year near the US-Mexico border 1 year ago today.
— ACLU of Texas (@ACLUTx) May 23, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 24, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- BREAKING: New information revealed about Jeffrey Epstein’s will
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Massive Overflow Crowd & Approval Rating