REPORT: A Final Border Wall Compromise Could Be Reached Over The Weekend
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Lawmakers involved in border negotiations expressed optimism that a deal could be reached by the end of the weekend, but questions remain whether President Donald Trump would accept less funding for wall construction.
Following the longest partial government shutdown in U.S. history, which lasted a total of 35 days, a special bipartisan committee of 14 lawmakers from both the House and the Senate was formed to reach a deal on border security. Democratic and Republican congressmen on the select committee have been forced to negotiate under a tight deadline, needing to reach a deal or else face another shutdown.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democratic negotiators proved stubborn as deliberations first began. Their initial offer on the first day of negotiations included a grand total of zero dollars for a physical barrier. Democrats have since relented into offering more than $1 billion. Members on the select committee plan to keep working over the weekend, and could produce legislation as early as Monday.
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- POLL: In a 2020 matchup, who would win: Trump or Biden?
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh is nowhere to be found, amid FBI raids
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall