REPORT: 6th Circuit Orders Resentencing For Rand Paul Attacker
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals on Monday remanded the lenient prison sentence given to the man who attacked Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul on his property, finding that a federal district court lacked a “compelling justification” for sentencing him to only 30 days in prison.
Rene Boucher was arrested in November 2017 for attacking Paul outside his Kentucky home after the senator blew some leaves into his property. Boucher entered Paul’s property and tackled him from behind, breaking six of his ribs and causing a pleural effusion, which ultimately led to pneumonia.
The article goes on to state the following:
Paul said in a civil lawsuit against Boucher that he feared for his life during the attack.
In March 2018, Boucher pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress. Sentencing guidelines called for a range of 21 to 27 months in prison, but a federal court sentenced him to 30 days in June 2018 due to his “excellent background.”
6th Cir. holds that the district court's sentence of 30 days for Sen. Paul's attacker, Rene Boucher, was substantively unreasonable.
— Gabriel Malor (@gabrielmalor) September 9, 2019
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Morning Joe’s Mika suggests Trump isn’t Barron’s father
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son
- VIDEO: Horrifying Attack Unfolds On Man In Ilhan Omar’s District