REPORT: 6 shot and wounded at Chicago street party
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — Six people were wounded at a street party in Chicago’s West Side early Sunday when at least one person started shooting, the city’s police department said.
“Several altercations” started around 2:45 a.m. (3:45 a.m. ET), leading to one person opening fire at the party. “Initial gunfire may have also been fired by an unknown offender in an aqua-colored sedan,” police officer Michelle Tannehill told CNN.
The article goes on to state the following:
The six were taken to local hospitals and are expected to survive, Tannehill said.
“The city is still reeling from last weekend when seven people were killed and 52 others were wounded in a spate of shootings,” KTVZ reported. “It was Chicago’s worst weekend of gun violence so far this year, police told CNN. Police responded to 32 shooting incidents beginning the night of Friday, August 2. Mount Sinai Hospital, close to where one of the shootings took place, temporarily stopped accepting patients because it was at capacity following the shootings.”
Six people were injured in a shooting at a Chicago street party early Sunday morning, police said. All victims are expected to survive. https://t.co/yQOaLhdh11
— FOX 5 San Diego (@fox5sandiego) August 12, 2019
Six people were wounded at a street party in Chicago’s West Side early Sunday when at least one person started shooting, the city’s police department said. https://t.co/2vBCk6B8tM
— KTVZ NewsChannel 21 (@KTVZ) August 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- BREAKING: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for cancer
- REPORT: Cheerleading Squad Draws Fire for Raffling AR-15 Rifle
- REPORT: Federal judge rules that immigration law is unconstitutional
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- BREAKING: Sarah Huckabee Sanders takes new career path
- REPORT: Creeped-out contractor shares pic of another disturbing Epstein painting