REPORT: 5 killed in blast at Russian nuclear agency test site
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Five service members were reportedly killed in an accidental blast at a military test site in northern Russia, state-run nuclear agency Rosatom said Saturday.
The incident, which reportedly took place on Thursday near Severodvinsk, occurred while the workers were “testing a liquid jet propulsion system,” Rosatom said in a statement. The agency added that three others “have burns of varying severity.”
The article goes on to state the following:
On Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry said two people died when the liquid propellant rocket engine blew up during testing. The ministry said no dangerous substances had been emitted into the atmosphere. According to CNN, local authorities in Severodvinsk issued a statement Thursday saying there was a brief spike in radiation following the blast. The outlet reported that the statement has been removed from the official website.
A spokesperson for Severodvinsk told RBC, a Russian daily business newspaper, that the statement was deleted “as the situation is being handled by the Ministry of Defense,” according to CNN.
The blast was one of three incidents to take place in Russia this week, with two other explosions at an ammunition storage facility.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- REPORT: Asian American groups call on NBC to sever ties with Jay Leno after ‘eating dogs’ joke
- VIDEO: Chaos Erupts in London as Leftists Clash with Cops After Election
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- EXCLUSIVE: Miracles do happen, here is the proof
- VIDEO: New alarms raised about a popular home security company
- BREAKING: House Judiciary Committee VOTES on articles of impeachment against Trump, Gohmert leaves nothing to chance [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain slams claims that detention centers are ‘torture facilities’
- VIDEO: Intel chief loses patience with Schiff in tense hearing