REPORT: 2020 candidate considering ending presidential bid to run for Senate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) is considering ending his White House bid and pursuing a Senate run instead, the New York Times reported Tuesday.
Four Democratic sources familiar with his thinking told the outlet that the two-term governor is giving serious consideration to challenging Republican Sen. Cory Gardner (Colo.), a move many have have called for in hopes of helping Democrats retake the Senate.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hickenlooper reportedly discussed the possibility with Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), another 2020 candidate, during a drive before an event in Iowa.
Hickenlooper has not yet qualified for the third and fourth Democratic primary debates this fall.
On Friday night in Clear Lake, Iowa, Hickenlooper hooped into Michael Bennet’s car and the two had a 20-minute chat about his future while driving around town. https://t.co/4e0DEuhJ9N
— Reid J. Epstein (@reidepstein) August 13, 2019
John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado’s Republican-held Senate seat. https://t.co/cvKzgSrS6K
— NYT Politics (@nytpolitics) August 13, 2019
— Ross Kaminsky (@Rossputin) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police