POLL: Was the “Pelosi Clap” Meant to Demean Trump? (video)
The #Pelosiclap is trending on social media, and U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Cali., clapping at State of the Union has become a viral meme as many saw her applause as a sarcastic response to President Donald J. Trump’s words. Yet Pelosi claims the applause was genuine.
“It wasn’t sarcastic,” Pelosi reportedly told reporters. “Look at what I was applauding. I wanted him to know that it was very welcomed.”
Pelosi was applauding Trump as he denounced “the politics of revenge, resistance and retribution,” and called for everyone to embrace the “cooperation, compromise, and the common good.”
While Pelosi insists that the applause was well deserved, Pelosi’s daughter Christine shared a photo of the clap on Twitter with the caption, “oh yes that clap took me back to the teen years. She knows. And she knows that you know. And frankly she’s disappointed that you thought this would work. But here’s a clap.”
Then on Friday, recreated the moment on camera while hanging out with singer Katy Perry and actor Orlando Bloom at the MusiCares gala in Los Angeles.
We ask you, watch the video below, then answer: Do you think Pelosi’s clap was genuine or was she mocking Trump?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment