POLL: Was the “Pelosi Clap” Meant to Demean Trump? (video)
The #Pelosiclap is trending on social media, and U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Cali., clapping at State of the Union has become a viral meme as many saw her applause as a sarcastic response to President Donald J. Trump’s words. Yet Pelosi claims the applause was genuine.
“It wasn’t sarcastic,” Pelosi reportedly told reporters. “Look at what I was applauding. I wanted him to know that it was very welcomed.”
Pelosi was applauding Trump as he denounced “the politics of revenge, resistance and retribution,” and called for everyone to embrace the “cooperation, compromise, and the common good.”
While Pelosi insists that the applause was well deserved, Pelosi’s daughter Christine shared a photo of the clap on Twitter with the caption, “oh yes that clap took me back to the teen years. She knows. And she knows that you know. And frankly she’s disappointed that you thought this would work. But here’s a clap.”
Then on Friday, recreated the moment on camera while hanging out with singer Katy Perry and actor Orlando Bloom at the MusiCares gala in Los Angeles.
We ask you, watch the video below, then answer: Do you think Pelosi’s clap was genuine or was she mocking Trump?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: McCabe claims ‘Gang of 8’ knew of counterintelligence investigation of Trump
- VIDEO: ISIS teen wife bemoans UK’s ‘unjust’ decision to revoke her citizenship
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs