POLL: Should Twitter have banned Omar’s opponent for calling out possibility of treason?
According to Fox News, a Republican challenging U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., in 2020 blasted Twitter on Friday after having her accounts permanently suspended this week following a tweet suggesting that the incumbent congresswoman should be hanged if found guilty of treason.
Danielle Stella wrote on her campaign Twitter account Tuesday, “If it is proven @IlhanMN passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged,” The Washington Examiner reported.
She later added a link to a blog post that included a drawing of a stick figure being hanged.
Stella’s tweet followed media reports that Omar’s name came up in a Canadian businessman’s deposition in a Florida court case.
The businessman, Alan Bender, claimed that Qatari officials told him Omar was the “jewel in the crown” of U.S. politicians who allegedly were Qatari assets and shared information with Iran, the Washington Examiner reported.
But several journalists have tweeted that they have found no evidence to support any of Bender’s claims about Omar, the Examiner added.
Meanwhile, a Twitter spokesperson said Stella’s accounts were closed for “repeated violations of the Twitter rules,” The Examiner reported.
“To clarify, I said, “If it is proven ____ passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged”. Treason is the only thing mentioned in the constitution for the death penalty, punishable by hanging or firing squad,” Stella wrote in a statement posted on Facebook on Friday. “I believe all involved should be thoroughly investigated. I did not threaten anyone.”
We ask you, should Stella be banned from Twitter?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- EXCLUSIVE: Single mom, physician assistant posts blistering open letter to Gov. Cuomo [READ]
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down
- VIDEO: Joe Biden Speaks Up About Suggestions to Abolish ICE