POLL: Should Trump fire Labor Sec. Acosta over Epstein scandal?
Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta has come under fire over the way he handled past allegations against billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Acosta, a former US attorney, cut a plea deal with Epstein in 2008 that allowed him to avoid a public trial and a stiff jail sentence over sex abuse charges. In February, a federal judge ruled that prosecutors, including Acosta, violated federal law when they failed to tell victims about the agreement not to prosecute Epstein, a wealthy New York financier accused of molesting dozens of underage girls.
On Saturday, federal agents moved in, arresting Epstein for sex trafficking charges and raiding his homes, where they found hundreds of graphic photos of young girls, along with CDs in a locked safe labeled “girls pics nude.”
Scores of Democrats, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, are now demanding Acosta step down from his post as Labor Secretary, for letting Epstein off the hook years ago.
President Trump told reporters on Tuesday that Acosta has been a “very good” Labor secretary, but promised that he will be looking at the case “very carefully.”
Acosta spoke out on Tuesday, saying on Twitter, “The crimes committed by Epstein are horrific, and I am pleased that NY prosecutors are moving forward with a case based on new evidence.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump fire Sec. Acosta over the Jeffrey Epstein scandal?
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant