POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
The investigators are now being investigated. Special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation has concluded and his report been published, but Democrats have refused to let the “Russian collusion” probe die, as many insist President Trump obstructed justice and should be impeached.
While Democrats blast out subpoenas, demanding more testimony from Trump officials and documents on the president’s personal taxes and bank records, Attorney General William Barr has launched an investigation of his own, determined to get to the bottom of the basis for the surveillance of Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign by the Obama administration.
President Trump dropped a bombshell Thursday evening, announcing that he had given Barr full and complete authority to declassify information related to the probe, and ordered all U.S. intelligence officials to cooperate with Barr’s investigation.
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) lambasted Trump for the move. “While Trump stonewalls the public from learning the truth about his obstruction of justice, Trump and Barr conspire to weaponize law enforcement and classified information against their political enemies,” Schiff declared in a tweet Thursday night. “The coverup has entered a new and dangerous phase. This is un-American,” he added.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Do you support President Trump’s decision to authorize declassification of all documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Teen goes berserk during graduation practice, stabs principal in chest
- POLL: Is Fox Moving to the Left?
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Flight forced to change course after passenger assaulted flight attendant
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing
- BREAKING: Trump accuses New York Times of treason
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel