POLL: Do you support Alabama’s newly-passed abortion bill?
Tuesday evening, the Alabama State Senate passed the most restrictive ban on abortions in the entire United States, in a sweeping 25-6 vote.
The bill does permit women whose health is jeopardized by the pregnancy to obtain an abortion, but includes no exemptions for rape or incest.
Doctors who attempt an abortion could face up to 10 years behind bars, and doctors who perform abortions could end up in prison for up to 99 years.
The bill is now headed to the desk of Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey for her signature. It is a direct challenge to “Roe v. Wade,” which made abortion legal nationwide in 1973, and will likely be challenged in the Supreme Court.
MSNBC legal analyst Danny Cevallos said on “Morning Joe” Wednesday morning that the measure could very well end up overturning “Roe v. Wade.”
The ACLU has threatened, “We’ll see you in court,” and 2020 Democrat presidential candidate Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand denounced the bill as “an all out attack on women’s reproductive freedom and our basic civil rights.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you support Alabama’s newly-passed abortion bill?
Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand calls the Alabama Senate’s passage of a near-total abortion ban “an all out attack on women’s reproductive freedom and our basic civil rights” pic.twitter.com/iXFPR08NAt
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) May 15, 2019
Know this, politicians: If you attack our right to abortion — whether it’s in Alabama, Ohio, Georgia, or Kentucky — we will see you in court.
— ACLU (@ACLU) May 15, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- POLL: Is Fox News turning on President Trump?
- BREAKING: Gorsuch sides with liberals in Supreme Court ruling on Wyoming hunter
- BREAKING: Judge upholds Dem subpoena for Trump financial records
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- VIDEO: Robert De Niro Booed During ‘F*ck Trump’ Rant
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain apologizes for BIG on-air social gaffe