POLL: Was the State Department wrong to block the ambassador from testifying before Congress?
About an hour prior to a scheduled hearing Tuesday morning, the State Department ordered Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland NOT to appear for the deposition, infuriating Democrat lawmakers.
Sondland is considered a key witness in the impeachment inquiry, and Rep. Adam Schiff has stated that he posses messages on a device that are relevant to the impeachment inquiry.
Sondland had traveled to Washington from Brussels to appear for the hearing. Schiff has announced they will now issue a subpoena to compel him to testify.
In text messages already revealed, Sondland is shown to be denying claims that President Trump wanted the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on the former vice president Joe Biden and his son to help Trump’s reelection campaign.
President Trump tweeted Tuesday, “I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public to see.
“Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL TODAY – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! If Sondland was already defending the president, was the State Department wrong to block the ambassador from testifying before Congress?
….to see. Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 8, 2019
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s Husband Shares Powerful Photo Reminding People Where Her Loyalties Lie
- BREAKING: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Identity revealed of wounded veteran who Trump saluted at Texas rally [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton pulls out of women’s event after learning who else was going to speak
- REPORT: Commentator says Elijah Cummings death was God’s revenge for taking on Trump
- VIDEO: 2016 Trump GOP Challenger Comes Out for Impeachment; The Left Reacts
- REPORT: Barbra Streisand shares VIOLENT cartoon of Pelosi and Trump
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement about Doral resort hosting G-7
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama ambassador being investigated for monitoring Trump allies, journalists